Thursday, July 17, 2008

Let's talk food

Here is the fantastic recipe I got from Slim Fast. We had this last night and wow was it delicious! I can not wait to eat this again. It definetely made it into my recipe box, and it's all pretty simple!
In this you will have a protein, vegetable and starch. I will post a new recipe for everyday that I love! Let's see what we can get!
Pesto Rubbed Chicken
.5 oz. package of Knorr Pesto Sauce mix
2 TBL. Olive Oil
1 1?4 lbs. Chicken breast

1) Blend Knorr Pesto sauce Mix and olive oil. Brush on both sides of chicken. 2) Grill or broil (I used the George Foreman Grill) until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

Glazed Herbed Carrots
16 oz. baby carrots
1/4 c. fat free chicken broth
2 TBL. I can't believe it's not butter spread
1 TBL brown sugar packed
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp. ginger

1) In 10 in non stick skillet bring carrots and broth to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to med-high and cook covered 8 min. or until carrots are tender. 2) Add remaining ingredients and cook stirring frequently, 2 min. or until Spread is melted and carrots are glazed

Spicy Oven Baked Fries
1 1/2 ilb red potatoes
3 TBL "butter" spread
1/4 tsp. season salt
1/8 pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper... (I didn't use this ingredient)

10 Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheet; set aside. 2) Peel potatoes (I didn't peel the potatoes... more vitamins) & cut into wedges. 3) Melt "butter" 4) In large bowl toss all ingredients until potatoes are evenly coated. On prepared baking sheet, arrange potatoes in single layer.50 Baking turning once, 40 min. or until potatoes are golden brown and crisp

Alright, I hope that everyone enjoys this recipe as much as I did. I LOVED the chicken.. It was soooo good! Bon appetite

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Those sound super yummy! We will have to try them out! :) Thanks for sharing!