Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My sister

Well I guess I didn't do it right, and I can't figure it out. I guess a career with computers is out of the queswtion. It's crazy cause my sister is amazing at computers. Well actually she is pretty much amazing at everything she does. I have never seen anyone like her. SHe can do anything and she has this way of making things happen for her. She can play any instrument. (Maybe not the violin, but I'm not sure she has tried) And she can play them well. She's artistic and creative. She sews, she can create web pages and what not. She is kind and gentle, forgiving. She's not judging. She accepts people for the way they are. In a lot of ways she is like a child. She gets angry quickly, but can let it go just as fast. She loves with all of her heart wether its practical or not. Sure she has made some mistakes but she tries hard to correct them. That's more than I can saay about a lot of people. She's an inspiration really. I mean, I can't make anything happen.
Sarah and I didn't spend alot of time getting along through out our lives. We were always too different, and I am always too judgemental. My biggest fault, I think. Honestly I don't think I ever did anything to even make her like me, and yet she forgives me and loves me time and again. We completely different. We always have been, and I guess I let that get into the way of any positive relationship sisters can have. I accept that for the most part if not all of the part that our lack of relationship os my fault. For not loveing and accepting her for who she is. For trying to change her into what I think is right. Foro not remembering that everyone is different and there are plenty of people who judge me just as harshly as I have been judging her. For only seeing her faults and not all of the amazing things about her! Its my fault! And she is amazing.
She still doesn't do things the way I think she should, but I am sure there are lots of things I do that she thinks should be different, and she is always there for me. Through thick and thin. SHe is truley a beautiful person. So here is what I ask of all of you! No matter who it is, take the time to find out a little about that person you should appreciate more. THe person you spend too much time judging and not enough loving. Learn to appreciate all of the great things about that person, and remember them every time you think something negative. You could be missing out on knowing a great person. Maybe one of the best in your life. Take a chance and open your heart, and if you know Sarah. Taske some time to learn about her. SHe might be a little different, but who isn't. I'm sure if you take the time to really get to know her, you'll be amazed as well! She's a great person, and I am lucky to know her let alone have her as a sister. I just wish it didn't take me twenty five years to figure it out! I also wisah she knew this blog existed... Maybe I'll let her in on it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Honestly Liz I had no idea that you even noticed half of the things I do. It always seems like everyone just notices what i don't do. It's like they are to blind to see how hard i try to make everyone happy and still keep myself happy maybe.

I love you
Sarah